So this year, I have decided that any and all gifts we buy for Christmas have to be bought locally, specifically in Alexandria City. Preferably not a chain store (so a Borders for example would not really count). This is hard for a couple of reasons. First, just habit of scouting out a good deal online. Second, not everything IS available in Alexandria City. I already cheated a little bit by buying Starbucks gift cards for teachers etc. But I bought it at a store in Alexandria.. so does that count???
Anyway, so I just wanted to list a few places that I like to pop into to browse around for gifts.
1. Kiskadee in Del Ray.
2. Bungalow Homewares in Del Ray
3. The Purple Goose in Del Ray
4. Why The Rooster Crows in Del Ray
5. Hooray for Books on King St. (seriously, we need to support our local bookstores.. i know amazon is so tempting, with cheaper prices and free shipping but we can’t let our local book stores close.. like Ollson’s and A Likely Story. How sad if our kids never get to experience the thrill of a good bookstore.)
6. Red Barn Mercantile – Love Love Love this store!!
Any more suggestions for great places to shop locally?